Work in progress: New product page part 1
Still to do:
- [ ] work through the content with Sheryll
- [ ] get final versions of the illustrations from Stephen (the bottom two I just hacked together in Photoshop)
- [ ] Look into using SVG instead of PNG for the illustrations
- [ ] Make the beta badge less hacky
## Make the blue section of the page full-width and remove the phones
The phones image got us so far, but the rest of the product has evolved beyond it now.
The needs we identified for the top, blue section of the page are:
- what is Notify?
- can I use it?
- can I test it out?
- how do I create a log in
## Add a grid of features to the home page
This is the first step towards a fully-fledged ‘product’ page.
The needs for the next section of this page are:
- how will Notify help me work?
- will it work with my service?
This commit shows 4 features of Notify on the home page which address those needs. They are illustrated because:
1. We want to catch people’s attention – users are reluctant to scroll on this page because they just want to click the ‘create account button’. But we hypothesize that they will get on better with Notify if they look at some of this stuff first.
2. The concepts that they’re talking about are hard to explain with just words because they’re quite abstract. The illustrations help us be more specific.
3. Feedback we got from user research was that the product page didn’t gives users any sense of what it was like to actually use Notify.
- New `
- More space between items in the blue panel
- The four features grouped more tightly
- ‘Sign in‘ instead of ‘Sign into your account’ in the header
Added an illustration to the ‘What is Notify’ section:
Beta badge implemented properly: